The Jefferson Township Administrative Assistant is hired by the Board of Trustees. The Administrative Assistant works under the direction of the Board of Trustees and the Township Administrator. Excellent communication and data entry skills are essential. This position performs a wide range of administrative and office support tasks needed for the operation of the Township. This role also requires handling telephone calls and interacting with citizens on a regular basis. The priorities of this position are subject to change at any time based on the business needs of the Board of Trustees. This is an “at-will” position that serves at the pleasure of the Jefferson Township Board of Trustees.
- Directly reports to the Township Administrator. Supports the Board of Trustees, Zoning, and Code
- Transcribing meeting minutes
- Supports the fiscal officer with various payroll duties
- Answer, screen, and transfer phone calls
- This is a customer facing position that requires maintaining a professional appearance and
- Data entry, filing, and scanning
- Works with the public on inbound/outbound zoning and code enforcement complaints
- First point of contact for inbound complaints including but not limited to: tall grass, trash, junk
cars, nuisance structures, and dumping.
- Maintains computerized zoning and code enforcement records.
- Generates reports for staff and vendors
- Position requires discretion and confidentiality handling sensitive township matters. Non-
compliance will not be tolerated.
- Receive and direct all visitors
- Manages lobby displays and community board.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for township rooms and facilities
- Sort, Stamp, and distribute incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mail of all types
- Order Office Supplies and Stock for Staff
- Assist with typing of Trustee agendas and meeting packets
- Required to share all prepared/typed resolutions with all Three (3) Trustees without exception
- Assist with the collection of and distribution of department reports
- Proofread and edit documents written by others as requested
- Oversee annual inventory of office equipment
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Assist with mailings
- Operate standard office equipment such as a computer, scanner, recorder, copier, fax, mailing
equipment, and phone system.
- Willingness to adapt and learn new responsibilities
- Requires completing public records training once every 24 months.
- Requires basic knowledge of Sunshine Laws.