Public Works Technician
The City of Vandalia is seeking several skilled technicians to join its Public Works team. Vandalia Public Works Technicians perform a variety of duties, as follows:
- Construction, maintenance and repair of streets, curbs and sidewalks, catch basins, manholes, water, sewer, street and storm drainage.
- Operation and maintenance of trucks and power construction and maintenance equipment – inspecting, maintaining, loading, and hauling and unloading trash, leaves, gravel, salt, asphalt and concrete.
- Mowing, trimming, plowing snow.
- Miscellaneous tasks: guardrail installation and repair, opening and closing of graves, pick-up and disposal of dead animals, collection of large trash, painting and installation of traffic control markings and devices, and all other duties as assigned.
- Responds to public emergencies and extreme weather events.
Applications will only be accepted through the City’s online application system via the website at: VandaliaOhio.org/Jobs. Applications must include a résumé and a cover letter.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received with a deadline for submission of September 23. The recruitment of the Public Works Technician position will remain open until filled.
Vandalia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliant. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.